Madrid has officially been listed as number 10 in the top 40 fashion capitals of the world, according to the Global Language Monitor´s list of Top Global Fashion Capitals! I feel so proud, clearly someone´s been reading my blog lol. Interesting new stats include Rome plummeting to 22, the lowest it´s ever been. Hong Kong beats out both Paris and London, which is fascinating. Number 13 goes to Sao Paolo, beating out Rio and Buenos Aires. Additionally, I would like to proudly point out that Chicago makes this list for the very first time, at number 37!
Here´s the list…see for yourself!
1. New York – Reclaims the top spot which it sees as its rightful place.
2. Hong Kong – The highest ranking ever for an Asian city. And, the first time, the No. 2 ranking goes to anyone other than the Classic Four (New York, Paris, London and Milan).
5. Los Angeles-mainly due to film industry
6. Milan– Milan Fashion Week was widely considered a disappointment.
8. Miami – strength in swimwear propels Miami into the Top Ten.
9. Barcelona – (Okay sorry in my eyes, should have gone to MAD but whatevs)
10. Madrid – Impressive leap into the Top Ten-WOOOOOOO
13. Sao Paulo
16. Las Vegas
17. Amsterdam – Moves on to the list for the first time.
19. Rio de Janeiro
22. Rome – Steepest decline for the survey, ever.
23. Cape Town
24. Buenos Aires
29. Mexico City
30. New Delhi
40. (Tie) Dallas
40. (Tie) Atlanta